Interesting stuff I've read (articles, sites...):

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Tandem WC!


I know it is a blurry picture and it boarders on breaking one of the
cardinal rules of blogging (don't post while using the toilet). But a combination of rain and work I've nothing of interest to blog  about.
My days have been filled with eight hours (and in some case more) of work, then I usually rush off to do some activity or event that I can find.
Last night I saw a play that in its description sounded as if it would be a fun combination and witty play. It was off-West End (very off, it was south of the river) but that should never be a deterrent. Where I went wrong was in reading the reviews comment "Woody Allen like romp" as being an expectant of witty dialog. We'll it was witty dialog but only now do I realize that Woody Allen allusion was code for "middle aged crisis." It wasn't a total waist at least.
That was Tuesday (last night). On Monday night after work I wondered the city again and ended up having a great dinner at a Spanish restaurant (on recommendation from Aaron). The meas started out with a  gazpacho soup poured around (not over) a couple pieces of lobster and a berry sorbet of all things. The meal just got better from there and I rounded it off by indulging in a cheese plate for dessert.
Tonight I was a little less ambitious. Again with the help of Aaron, I went on search for a proper trench coat. Prices are high here, but I've been unable to find anything I like in New York. Shopping for such a coat in the rain is kinda like looking for a place to eat with food in your mouth - a bit ridiculous. Unfortunately I was about a half hour too late and everything was closed or closing. So it turned into a walk in the rain.
Oh well.
Tomorrow? I'm shooting for the British Museum which is open late on Thursdays.

No comments: