Interesting stuff I've read (articles, sites...):

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Art + iPhone = MoMAudio

A great find. Surfing on my iPhone while waiting for the kids to finish their lunch in the MoMA cafe (which is one of the best museum cafe's I've ever been to by the way), I realized that you can use your iPhone (or other wifi device) to access the audio guides.

Most museums today have a kiosk near the entrance where you can rent or borrow a hand held player. These players are like cell phones circa 90's hanging around your neck on a lanyard. See a number next to a work of art, punch it into the player and then listen to commentary on the art, hear the artist discus the work, or the like commentary.

Uniquely MoMA has always made these audio devices free and today I realized it was even better then that. To impatient to wait in line for a player? Whip out your iPhone, pull up the MoMAudio website, punch in the numbers and go from there.

Yet another reason to make this one of my favorite NYC museums.

No comments: